ACT in Faith of Greater West Chester is an interfaith organization that seeks to build a community that empowers the un- and under-employed to stabilize their households and build toward self-sustainability.
Why do we do what we do?
ACT in Faith of Greater West Chesterbelieves that as members of the community we are called to assist those whose needs lie beyond the scope of existing social services. By working together, we build a stronger community.
- Respect: Realizing that respect and consideration are essential for all who seek our help
- Generosity: Believing in the willingness of people from all faith communities to contribute time and resources to those in need
- Advocacy: Being a voice to help insure that the support of existing social services is received by all who are eligible
- Action: Facilitating the communication and networking necessary to bridge gaps in service
- Restoration: Committing our efforts to help people change the circumstances that brought them to our doors
- Reciprocity: Knowing that all who seek our help are able to help others in return
- Appreciation: Recognizing that the ability to help others is itself a blessing
- Unity: Working together increases our impact on the lives of those in need and strengthens the bonds of the human family
- Denise Antonelli (Pres.)- Gawthrop Greenwood, P.C.
- Anita Bailey - (V.P.) St. Matthew's Lutheran, Chester Springs
- Janet Curran - Willowdale Chapel
- Diane Damadio (Sec.) - First Presbyterian of West Chester
- Amy Hemphill - Church of the Holy Trinity
- Stuart Hunt - Church of the Holy Trinity
- Dan Milani - SS Simon & Jude Roman Catholic Church
- Nancy Needhammer - Church of the Holy Trinity
- Vince Paul (Treas.) - United Methodist Church of West Chester
- Ejaz Sabir - Islamic Society of Chester County
- Julie Smink - Calvary Lutheran/Vanguard Group
* Faith Community affiliations are for the purposes of identification only.